|silkiel sent: When the chorus sings "Come, come, o come", "Do not let me die" and "Glorious" and "Noble", I wonder if it is like the people are begging for Sephiroth's mercy.|
Thank you for your message, @silkiel ! :D
My headcanon for Sephiroth is as follows:
Jenova is an goddess whose planet died. She used OMEGA to collect the red lifestream of her planet and travel the universe. This would mean that Jenova is made up from Lifestream-turned-physical: all the minds/souls/DNA that existed on Jenova’s planet, made physical. A blueprint, so life can be rebuilt on a new planet.
So if she were to get a son, Sephiroth
Genesis, Angeal, Zack, Cloud,this son would be a guardian/safekeeper of the lost race’s blueprint. Following this idea, it would be like this:
- Sephiroth is losing a fight.
- Jenova’s race begs for survival,
- the Lifestream-souls in the Jenova cells chant to motivate/give strength
- Lifestream energy is energy so he does get strength
- Sephiroth wins the fight
- Sephiroth dies (I hate this follow-up)
- Red Lifestream energy = Red Lifestream energy and can therefore not be picked up by the green Lifestream. Think of it as water and oil. (Green and red Lifestream can mix, and there are human emotions involved, but I’ll talk about that another day)
- Sephiroth is revived.
- Sephiroth tries to change the world to his liking or tries get off to give the race preservation a new planet.
So I write Sephiroth as a hero of the Jenovian race. A man turned God because he holds the red Lifestream in him as well as partially the Green Lifestream.
So if he destroys the Planet and lays it to waste, he will be able to use it as a vessel and travel to other worlds. What happens to Gaia/the Green Lifestream? He couldn’t care less. ("What about this planet?!" - "…That’s up to you, Cloud.")
At that new planet, he could - ahw, I can just quote him here! Watch how he uses the plural form. “What I want, Cloud, is to sail the cosmos with this planet as my vessel. Just as Mother did long ago. then one day we’ll find a new planet and on it’s soil we’ll create a shining future.”
A new future. Away from Shinra. Away from the stinky flowers and green Lifestream and anyone that inflicted hurt. And anyone who want, can join Sephiroth’s/Jenova’s Red Lifestream.
Sephiroth offers dying people an alternative: you can choose which heaven you land in: stay in the endless cycle of “humans who never learn” (Rufus/Kadaj quote, I think?) or take your chances with everyone else who hates the Planet and Shin-Ra and start a life on a new planet?
Sounds like a hero, no? :D ….Sounds like a God.
Veni, veni, venias, Gloriosa Come, come, O come, Glorious
Ne me Mori facias, Generosa Don’t let me die, Noble
He was trying to save his entire race, and we killed him….FORGIVE US, OH NOBLE SEPHIROTH!